Sunday, November 20, 2016

August 2, 2012 - The Princess and then Pea, or Goldilocks

In case you don't know it here's The Princess and the Pea  [url]http://ivyjoy.com/fables/princess.html[/url]


And Goldilocks and the Three Bears  [url]http://www.dltk-teach.com/rhymes/goldilocks_story.htm[/url]


Rory is super sensitive about saddle placement (in fact I'm pretty sure that's why he bucked me off in January).  If it's too far back he bucks.  If it's too far forward he bucks.  And by "too far" I mean a quarter of an inch!!  I've been calling him Princess Pea (or Prince Pea) when he does this, but today when I was doing the quarter inch adjustments it occured to me that perhaps Goldilocks would be better - "This saddle is too far back!"  "This saddle is too far forward!"  "This saddle is just right!"  Though I rather like Prince Pea as a silly-boy name.
 

He's getting better.  Didn't actually buck today, but made it clear he would if I didn't fix things.  Then when it was finally just right he was a very good boy!

So what do you think?  Prince Pea or Goldilocks?  

No comments:

Post a Comment